The sand. The waves. Relaxed attitudes. A beach community can be a great place to be a business owner. Of course certain types of businesses will do better than others in this type of environment.
Check out these 5 smart franchise opportunities for the beach:
1. Kona Ice
On those hot summer days and night, beachgoers are going to be craving something cold and sweet. That is why Kona Ice franchises do so well as beach franchises. Kona Ice sells shaved ice out of carts, kiosks, trailers and trucks which gives you a lot of options to choose from. And the cost to get started is reasonable with an initial franchise fee of $15,000 and startup costs in the hundred thousands not millions.
2. Tropical Smoothie Café
Drinking smoothies is still a hot trend right now and what would be better than a Tropical Smoothie Café at the beach? Tropical Smoothie Café franchises focus on healthy food options and even does catering. They have franchise all across the United States and their growth rate remains strong. Their startup costs are also reasonable with an initial franchise fee of $25,000 and startup costs ranging from $198,000 to almost $500,000 so they would make a smart choice for a beach franchise.
When you visit a beach community, you expect to have lots of fun with family and friends, right? That is why a Launch Park is one of the top franchise opportunities for the beach. Launch is a trampoline park that offers indoor entertainment for the whole family and they host parties as well. With all the families at the beach, there will always be traffic in your Launch franchise.
Your initial investment for this franchise will be higher, more in the millions, but with the potential for revenue it is still a smart option.
Shmagel’s Bagels is known for their fresh bagel creations that are baked daily on the premises. Right now they have two locations in Ocean City, MD and are looking to expand. They are perfect for beach communities because most people while on vacation will go out to eat for breakfast. The good news is that their menu is varied enough that with this franchise you can offer fun sandwich options to bring your customers back in for lunch and snacks throughout the day. Playing on the beach builds up an appetite, right?
Another reason to choose a bagel shop franchise like Shmagel’s is that the initial franchise fee and startup costs are not as high as a lot of other food franchises making it easier for your dreams of being a business owner to come true.
Ice cream and edible cookie dough treats. These are of course must haves for any beach community. A DoDo Edible Cookie Dough & Ice Cream is a smart franchise opportunity because who doesn’t crave some sweetness every once in a while?
Right now they have two locations in Ocean City, MD and are looking to expand. When you join the DoDo family, you will get an established, beloved brand that will draw in the customers as well as a proven model for success that includes a pasteurization process that makes the cookie dough safe to consume raw.
And because they offer low initial startup costs that range in the thousands not millions, you can own multiple locations if you so desire. DoDo also offers 16 daily flavors of ice cream that can be combined with the cookie dough or enjoyed on their own. The simple, streamlined menu is easy to manage, but also leaves room for you to experiment with different creations and to offer a special dough of the day.
Are you sold yet? Here are some tips to help your new franchise be as successful as possible:
- Connect with customers on social media. As a business owner, it is so important for you to have a social media presence. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, then hire a social media strategist to maintain your social media channels for you. If you haven’t done so already set up an account on Facebook, Twitter and at least one other social media channel like Pinterest or Snapchat and use them to post pictures of your food and to let your customers know about upcoming events and specials. Encourage your customers to like your page and share it will all your friends. You will be pleasantly surprised by the power of social media.
- Always think outside the box. The franchise can be very cut-throat. If you own a pizza shop, you know there are a whole bunch of other pizza shops just in your area clamoring for the same customers so you need to make sure that your place stands out among the rest. You can’t just rely on the status quo of what all pizza shops do. Innovation in food, technology, store design and customer service can all help put your personal stamp on your restaurant.
- Collaborate with other businesses. When you partner with another business for an event or a promotion, not only can you share resources, but you also get a chance to reach out to new potential customers. By combining forces, you will be able to do so much more.
- Reward your loyal customers. Returning customers are a sign that you are doing something right and you want them to keep coming back and to bring their friends and families. To reward them, offer special incentives like discount coupons, special happy hours and other special events. Thank them for choosing you.
- Build your A-Team. Besides high quality products and service, the other indispensable ingredient for a successful business is a high-performing staff. You will want to build a team that believes in your vision and will work hard alongside of you. You need a team you can count on and delegate to.
Learn more about franchising opportunities for the beach and what makes DoDo Edible Cookie Dough & Ice Cream unique by giving them a call today or visit their website. The beach is a great place to make your dream of being a business owner a reality.
Leave a Reply