People come into the franchise game from all angles. Some know they want to own a franchise, but are not sure what type to invest in; while others have a passion for a particular type of product or service and weigh the options of opening up a business themselves.
If you are considering getting into the ice cream franchise business, there are a few things to keep in mind. Check out this Investor’s Guide to Ice Cream Franchise Startup Costs:
An Economical Choice
An ice cream franchise is generally an affordable business venture. While some franchises will run you in the millions to get up and running, ice cream franchises tend to have more manageable franchise fees and overall costs. Initial investments usually range from thirty thousand dollars to a couple of hundred thousand depending on the particular franchise.
Lots of Growth Potential
Because ice cream franchises are generally more affordable than other types of franchise and need less equipment and space, as an ice cream franchisee, it will be a lot easier for you to buy and open multi-units which will even further secure your place in the ice cream industry.
Ice Cream Never Goes Out of Style
When opening a new business, you want to sell a product that people crave, that they get excited about. That is why an ice cream franchise is so perfect. While you might think ice cream is just for the summer months, many people eat it all year round, even in the frigid winter months. Ice cream lovers will always be flocking to your shop.
A Strong Support Structure Will Back You Up
Another reason ice cream franchises are so successful is that you have a strong franchise system and network to support you. While each individual franchise will vary a little in how much support they give you, all ice cream franchises offer you training and an infrastructure to help you run your business. This is especially important if you have never owned a business before. From selecting your location to getting the shop up and running to helping with advertising campaigns and marketing, the franchiser offers you valuable resources.
Here are some tips for saving for the startup costs for your ice cream franchise:
- Set aside a certain amount from each paycheck. Make sticking to a budget easier for yourself, by having a certain amount of money from each paycheck put right into your savings account. We all know how easy it is to let coffees and lunches and dinners out fritter away our money before we have a chance to save anything. This way there are no excuses.
- Check your accounts daily. With credit/debit cards, it can be hard to keep track of how much you are actually spending. If you are swiping that card several times a day, it is having a big impact on your bottom line. By checking it daily, you can see if you are going over budget as well as make sure there aren’t any unexpected charges on there.
- Use cash as much as possible. While having a credit history is important, using cash for most of your daily purchases can go a long way to helping you save more money for your franchise. Each week, calculate how much spending money you have and take the cash out of the bank. You will not only save on ATM fees, you will not overspend because once the cash is gone you know you can’t spend anymore. Use envelopes to separate out food shopping money from gas money from I really need that cappuccino money.
- Get your coupon on. Being a spaver can really help in your saving efforts. If the thought of tightening your budget strings has you worried, you can get a lot more bang for your buck by using coupons and looking for great deals on things you really need and even for the things you want. Check out coupon websites as well as the websites of your favorite stores to see what deals are available.
- Review your financial portfolio. If you have a decent financial portfolio already, take a close look at all your current investments and see if there are any ways to make more money. If you don’t already have a financial advisor guiding you, make sure you find one. Maximizing your assets is paramount.
Consider DoDo Edible Cookie Dough & Ice Cream
Consider DoDo Edible Cookie Dough & Ice Cream as a smart option when looking for an ice cream franchise for sale. At DoDo Edible Cookie Dough & Ice Cream, their specialty is mixing ice cream and edible cookie dough to create the ultimate sweet treat.
Right now they have two locations in Ocean City, MD and are looking to expand. They have plenty of franchising opportunities and will work closely with you to make sure your locations are a sweet success.
Here is what you can expect when you join the DoDo family:
- An established, beloved brand that will draw in the customers
- A proven model for success that includes a pasteurization process that makes the cookie dough safe to consume raw
- The ability to own multiple locations
- A low cost of entry that makes DoDo one of the more affordable franchising opportunities out there
- A variety of fun flavors of cookie dough including chocolate chip, snicker doodle, sugar cookie, oatmeal, M&M, peanut butter, cake batter, naked and brownie batter
- A chance to be a part of the coolest new trend in sweet trends
DoDo also offers 16 daily flavors of ice cream that can be combined with the cookie dough or enjoyed on their own. The simple, streamlined menu is easy to manage, but also leaves room for you to experiment with different creations and to offer a special dough of the day.
One must-have ingredient for any prospective DoDo franchisee is to have a passion for cookie dough and ice cream. Do you enjoy making people happy by offering them the desserts they crave? Who knew your sweet tooth could help your dreams of being a business owner come true?
DoDo has been growing quickly since it opened its first location in 2017 and shows no signs of stopping. For more information, call DoDo today.