If you are looking to get into the franchise business in the Ocean City, MD area, it best to know what the top franchises are so you can find the best one to join.
Here are the top franchises in Ocean City, MD:
1. Jiffy Lube
Jiffy Lube has built up a strong brand in the automotive maintenance and repair industry and is a smart choice if you have a passion for working with cars, trucks and motorcycles.
Sunsations is a clothing store franchise that has locations in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, New Jersey, North Carolina and Florida. They are known for reasonably priced but quality beachwear and beachgear. If you are interested in retail franchise, they might be a good fit.
3. Five Below
Five Below has locations all across the United States and is the prime shopping spot for teens and tweens with their low prices and trendy products. If your target demographic is the younger set, Five Below is also another smart retail franchise choice.
4. Shmagel’s Bagels
At Shmagel’s Bagels, their specialty is fresh bagel creations baked daily. Right now they have two locations in Ocean City, MD and are looking to expand. They have plenty of franchising opportunities and will work closely with you to make sure your locations are a success.
At Shmagel’s Bagels, the bagels are baked fresh every morning. They also offer a variety of cream cheeses and other popular bagel toppings, shmuffins as well as some fun sandwich options like a Turkey Jack Melt bagelnini or a Bagel Grill Cheese. The menu offers enough variety to please all your customers, but is still manageable for you and your staff.
At DoDo Edible Cookie Dough & Ice Cream, their specialty is mixing ice cream and edible cookie dough to create the ultimate sweet treat.
Right now they have two locations in Ocean City, MD and are looking to expand. They have plenty of franchising opportunities and will work closely with you to make sure your locations are a sweet success.
DoDo Edible Cookie Dough & Ice Cream offers you an established, beloved brand that will draw in the customers to your edible cookie dough shop franchise as well as a proven model for success that includes a pasteurization process that makes the cookie dough safe to consume raw.
With their low cost of entry, DoDo is one of the more affordable franchising opportunities out there which means you will be able to afford purchasing multiple locations if you want to.
DoDo also offers 16 daily flavors of ice cream that can be combined with the cookie dough or enjoyed on their own. The simple, streamlined menu is easy to manage, but also leaves room for you to experiment with different creations and to offer a special dough of the day.
Why Choose an Edible Cookie Dough Franchise?
- A Sweet Obsession. We all crave some sweetness in our lives at some point, both kids and adults alike. And it brings up memories of family baking nights and the sweet reward of licking the spoon afterwards. You know when you choose to own an edible cookie dough franchise, you have something really special to offer your customers.
- Creative and Fun. Edible cookie dough franchises are not just cookie cutter shops. There is so much room for creativity and fun as you get to create different flavors of edible cookie dough and combine it with ice cream and other sweet treats. Get your customers involved in choosing new flavors and everyone will feel invested in your edible cookie dough franchise.
- A Cool New Trend. You have probably heard of new dessert shops cropping up. There is a cool new trend growing in the dessert world for specialty desserts like edible cookie dough. This is the perfect time to join the trend.
- Cookie Dough Makes People Happy. There is no better job than one that brings people joy. Edible cookie dough treats will always put a smile on your customers’ faces. Who doesn’t want to make people happy for a living?
- An Affordable Business Venture. Another thing that makes an edible cookie dough shop franchise unique is that it is generally an affordable business venture. While some franchises will run you in the millions to get up and running, edible cookie dough franchises tend to have more manageable franchise fees and overall costs.
Whatever type of franchise you decide to join, you are going to need a solid business plan. When developing your business plan, make sure you include the following sections:
- An Introduction that includes a description of the business in which you highlight the products and services you will provide, a description of the marketplace you will be operating, as well as any risks or challenges you anticipate.
- There should also be a section where you lay out all the key management roles you will need in your business. If you already know who will fill these roles, then include a little bio of each of them and/or a resume which highlights their experience related to the running of a business.
- A marketing section is also important. Here is where you will lay out the competitive advantages your business will have as well as give as much of a sense as possible of what your marketing and advertising strategies will be.
- You should also include Pro Forma Financial Projections which basically means any income statements, cash flow statements that are relevant to the business as well as balance sheets that project what the financial performance of the business will be once it open. Always make sure your estimates are on the conservative side because you don’t know what kind of delays or obstacles you will face, especially that first year.
- Even if you are funding this whole venture out of your own pocket, in your business plan you should still meticulous list all your startup costs including the money you will need to survive on until your business starts turning a profit. Don’t forget to factor in a budget for marketing and advertising and leave yourself a little cushion for lean times or unexpected emergencies or repairs.
For more information about DoDo and their franchise program and why they are one of the top franchises in Ocean City, MD, give them a call today. Become your own boss with cookie dough franchise opportunities in Ocean City, MD.